Monday morning the need for accountability becomes paramount. There are some issues which require continuous investigation and reporting, my list:
- The efforts of the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election. Investigations have been launched, some ongoing since last summer. Efforts to curtail or stall these investigations could easily be characterized as evidence substantiating the charges.
- The efforts of Tom Price as a cabinet member to implement the elements of his Empowering Patients First Act, which would send the health insurance system back to the days of junk insurance and perhaps worse should the corporations be allowed to bypass state consumer protection systems.
- The unholy alliance of Pruitt, Perry, et.al. to deconstruct environmental protection in favor of protecting the interests of exploiters and polluters.
- The efforts to suppress voting and civil rights.
- The privatization of public education, and coordinated efforts to use public funds to support religious efforts.
- The tendency to demonize members of minority/ethnic communities.
That should keep journalists busy for a while?